Hazel Hill is available to hire for activities and events that fit with the aims of the charity and draw upon its unique character.
- Nature-based retreats
- Sacred Voice and meditation groups
- Groups exploring sustainable living
- Exploring Buddhist, Celtic, Native American, Sufi and other spiritual
- Men’s groups and Women’s groups
- Vision quests for adults and teenagers
- Business workshops, e.g. strategic visioning, team-building
- Nature-based facilitation
- Natural voice singing choirs
- Permaculture workshops
- Residential weekends on eco-psychology
- Wellbeing for people supporting refugees
- Local artists teaching painting and life drawing
These rates include the use of all indoor and outdoor facilities, except the hot tub and Forest Ark.. These rates include firewood for indoor and outdoor use, and propane gas for the cooker and fridge. Rates are calculated assuming a minimum group size of 12 people.
New for 2018 – we are increasing our Local Group discount from 15% to 20% for 2018. This is for groups and individuals that live within a 12 mile radius of the wood.
Rate per person per 24 hours: £40 (£34 for local groups)
Minimum total charge: 1 night: £480 (£408 for local groups)
For 2 or more nights per person: £34 (£29 for local groups)
Minimum total charge: £408 per night (£348 for local groups)
£80 (£60 for local groups) per night in addition to above charges. Letting of the Ark assuming a nominated group member has been instructed on the heating, electrical and water systems of the Ark.
£80 per night. charge for 1-2 nights, £20 per night thereafter. If you would like us to fill and light it, we will charge £20 extra.
You need to pay for each person on site, including leaders and crew. Groups smaller that 12 people will need to pay the minimum charges above.
1/3 day (morning, afternoon or evening) £80 (£68 for local groups)
2/3 day (morning + afternoon or afternoon + evening) £110 (£94 for local groups)
whole day £165 (£140 for local groups)
Bookings and Enquiries
Please contact us to discuss your needs.
A deposit of 20% of the estimated total cost is required to secure the booking. The deposit is non-refundable if an event is cancelled less than two months beforehand.
There are a number of conditions we ask you to honour when using the wood. These include a curfew on noise audible outside the wood from 10pm to 9am; no use of motorised equipment, and no electrically amplified music. A full list of conditions is shown below.
The following conditions are applied to all users of the wood:
- The wood is only available to groups whose activities are compatible with its natural tranquillity and its status as a nature reserve.
- Specific activities which are not acceptable include:
- Programmes involving noise or violence (e.g. paintball games)
- Any illegal activities, including any use of illegal drugs
- Any use of motorised equipment, including generators, 4 x 4 vehicles, motor cycles etc.
- Any activity which would involve disruption to wildlife in the wood, or to neighbours and the neighbouring villages
- All groups are asked to observe a curfew, with no noise which could be heard outside the wood between the hours of 10pm and 9am.
- Groups undertake to respect and keep completely out of the fenced wilderness nature sanctuary areas on the south west and northern sides of the wood.
- Users are asked not to bring pets.
- Groups undertake to respect all parts of Hazel Hill Wood as a nature reserve, by avoiding littering, loud noise, and ensuring that there is no damage to living trees or other plants.
Please note, with the exception of assistance dogs, we are not able to welcome dogs to the woods.
Finally, a note about ticks: Ticks are small, blood-sucking insects that are found in many woods, April – October. They can carry Lyme Disease. Insect repellents containing DEET or permethrin can protect against ticks.
For more information, see these web sites:
Lyme Disease Action
International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society